Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Just days after hearing about the latest celebrity sex scandal the tight knit communities of Eastern Madera County have been rocked with their own. One of the most well known and prominent business men in the area surrendered himself to Fresno authorities on charges of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. There is no question of whether or not he really did it, the evidence was caught on a hidden camera in the hotel room where the incident occurred. As I type this you can hear in the distance the sound of pitchforks being gathered and torches being lit. The lynch mob will have no mercy for this man.
So, is it just me, or is anyone questioning the mother's motives? Where is the lynch mob for her? If you read the discussion board on the Fresno Bee's website 99% of the comments posted are against this business man, but there are no concerns voiced against this 13 year old girls mother.
Now, I don't know about you, but when I was in my early teens my mother was as protective as a grizzly bear. I remember in particular (at the age of 14) not being allowed to attend my boyfriend's birthday party because I would be the only girl in attendance. I bucked and fought my mother throughout my teenage years and even into my early 20's. Looking back now I realize how difficult a job she had dealing with me. I, like many other teenagers, felt that I was grown up enough to handle myself. It's too bad that the 13 year old in question in this case didn't have my mother to deal with.
A mother's first and most primary job is to care for her young. What on earth was this mother thinking?
Uh huh, I think we all can figure that one out.....$$$$$$. She arranged an elaborate scheme to get this business man into a hotel room out of town, placed a hidden camera in his room and then sacrificed the physical and mental well being of her 13 year old daughter by placing her in the room with this man and allowing this inappropriate contact to occur. Then, she repeatedly blackmailed him and walked away with over $200,000.
This man will be punished accordingly by the courts and justice system. I can only hope that the mother will be dealt with in the same fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment